Thursday, November 24, 2011

Positive social side effects

I'm a joiner.  I've always liked to join clubs and groups and organizations.  I like the group thing.  I like the team thing.  I like being part of a project.  I like going out and doing things.  And with a group of like-minded individuals, you can do just about anything.

One of the best things about these group activities is the positive social side effect.  We may meet for the purpose of giving food to the homeless, hosting a community lunch, organizing activities for children or improving our public speaking, but that's not all we get out of our meetings.  We get to talk to each other, listen to each other, learn from each other. 

From these seeds, I have seen friendships sprout and grow well beyond the setting in which they were planted.  That's the part I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment