Monday, October 14, 2013

Prayer for a partner

In the story of Musa 'alayhi salam, after Allah tells him to go to Pharaoh, Musa makes the famous prayer:

قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْلِى صَدْرِى
[Musa] said: My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]
وَ يَسِّرْلِى أَمْرِى
And ease for me my task
وَ احْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِى
And untie the knot from my tongue
يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِى
That they may understand my speech

Surah Taha : 25-28

Right after this, though, he makes a prayer, that's not so well known.  He asks Allah to appoint a minister from his family, his brother, Haroun.  And this is what Musa asks Allah for in this partner:

اشْدُدْ بِهِ أَزْرِى
Increase through him my strength
وَ أَشْرِكْهُ فِى أَمْرِى
And let him share my task
كَىْ نُسَبِّحَكَ كَثِيرًا
That we may exalt You much
وَ نَشْكُرَكَ كَثِيرًا
And remember You much

Surah Taha : 31-34

What a beautiful description of a partner and the purpose that they aim to achieve together.

No comments:

Post a Comment