Sunday, October 9, 2011

Things that matter

I started writing on this blog every day for two weeks before really telling anyone about it.  I don't know why, but I was scared. 

It's easy to do things that don't matter -- that have little to no potential impact.  If I sew something just for fun, talk to someone about the weather or write something that almost no one is going to read, there's no pressure.  It doesn't really matter.  Whether I do it well or not, it hardly makes a difference.  But that's just the problem, isn't it?  It doesn't matter.  Why do things that don't matter?

Answer: Fear.

When you do things that matter, there's a chance that you'll do something wrong or something people don't like.  There may be negative consequences.  But that's just the risk you'll have to take. 

Because there may be positive consequences as well. 

But you'll only know if you do things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment