Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hwange Safari Lodge - Elephants!

Before we went on our trip, Aunty Fawz asked me what animal I wanted to see the most.  My answer?  "Elephants!"  And boy, did I get my wish :-)

Not long after we arrived, the elephants started trickling in...


Here's another one. See the Egyptian geese and Blacksmith lapwing?


And they came with little ones...

 

And they started drinking...

 


Here they are all together with the zebras and warthogs.


Just to give some perspective, here's what the view was like without zoom. (definitely worth it to bring a camera with high optical zoom)


And then... the whole pack started to come in for a drink.

Can you see them in the woods?


Here they are...







More elephants than I can even count!






Look at the baby elley!


:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment